I’ve been working on a Blackberry project for the past few months. I enjoy the challenge of learning a new language (J2me) and some new approaches. Sometimes, however, I get stuck in a rut because I’m not used to the tools and language.
The last week has been an example of this. I had some functionality as a package inside of a library in Eclipse. However, as I expanded my application that library wasn’t a good spot for it. As a result, I moved the package to its own “core” library. When I ran my debug build to test it out I kept getting a crash when I tried to launch the program.
No breakpoints were hit, which was confusing because I had put a breakpoint right inside the main() block. Console was telling me that my app could not load because my main module “has verification errors.”
Turns out even though I added my new library to the appropriate build paths, I had forgotten to update my run configuration screen in Eclipse. I went to the Run menu and clicked the Debug Configuration. Sure enough, the new library was unchecked. I checked that, hit apply and close. Once I ran it again everything was back to normal.